In the mood for a cup of holly jolly? Well, you’re in luck. This Pomegranate Margarita is a Christmas miracle.
The combination of pomegranate juice and freshly squeezed orange juice shaken with a couple of fragrant cloves, agave nectar, and tequila is beyond magical.
Shake well, and strain into a glass filled with crushed ice sprinkled with ruby red pomegranate arils, and garnish with a fresh sprig of rosemary or elegant orange peel twist for all the flavors of the season in one beautiful drink.
El Mayor Tequila Cristalino is essentially añejo, or aged, tequila that has been filtered to remove the color it picks up as it spends time in the barrel. It is filtered to extract the color, so that it becomes nearly clear again.
The result, is the most beautiful shade of pomegranate red. This tequila has the complexity and character of an añejo with the crisp, bright notes of a blanco.
El Mayor Tequila Cristalino has herbaceous notes and a fruity agave flavor but with the complexity and smooth caramel sweetness of an aged spirit. It’s the perfect tequila for this margarita.
Not sure how to deseed a pomegranate? Please watch this video.
- 4 ounces El Mayor Tequila Cristalino
- 1/2 cup pomegranate juice, (recommend POM Wonderful)
- 1 orange, juiced
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- 2 cloves
- Pomegranate arils for garnish
- Rosemary sprigs
- Orange peel twist
- Fill glasses with crushed ice.
- In a cocktail shaker with ice place the tequila, pomegranate juice, orange juice, agave nectar, and 2 cloves.
- Shake well, and strain into glasses filled with crushed ice sprinkled with ruby red pomegranate arils, and garnish with a fresh sprig of rosemary or elegant orange peel twist for all the flavors of the season in one beautiful drink.
Photography by Jenna Sparks
2 Comments on “Pomegranate Margarita”
Hi! Love your glasses. May I ask where you got them? Thank you!
For 19years my family gathers to make tamales for Christmas Eve dinner. Everyone has a recipe with different variations… we have attempted them all – it’s always been a hit or miss until I found your recipe. I made both the masa and Maseca. The flavor of the masa & maseca was a amazing- a huge success…
Thank for sharing your family’s recipes.
I just purchased you book.