Paletas de Horchata + Video
These paletas de horchata are super simple to make, made with a mixture of cinnamon infused simple syrup and vanilla rice milk. They are light, refreshing, and sweet with a hint of vanilla.
Have you ever tasted agua de horchata? Horchata is a creamy cinnamon infused rice drink. Horchata is one of my all-time favorite summer drinks and this recipe is perfect turned into popsicles.
I partnered with Domino® Sugar and produced a video using their sleek flip top dispenser of Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar. This recipe comes together quickly with the super fine sugar because it has finer sugar crystals than those found in traditional granulated sugar, allowing it to rapidly dissolve when making the simple syrup.
Rather than soaking and grinding the rice like you would when you make traditional horchata, I used vanilla rice milk, making this recipe dairy free, quick and easy, and it also avoids any settling or separation when making paletas.
These paletas are the perfect treat for family summertime celebrations, reunions, and graduations. Hope you enjoy this recipe and video and are inspired to try them out.
Dairy-Free Paletas de Horchata
- Bring water to a boil over high heat, add sugar and mix while it melts, about 1 minute. Remove from heat, add cinnamon sticks, cover, and let steep for about 30 minutes.
- Discard cinnamon sticks.
- In a mixing bowl combine cinnamon-infused simple syrup and rice milk.
- Fill six ice pop molds. Place in the freezer for about 4 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon.
- I used vanilla rice milk for this recipe, making these paletas dairy free, quick and easy, and it also avoids any settling or separation when making paletas.
Thank you Domino® Sugar for sponsoring this video and blog post. Visit your local retailer to pick your own Domino® Quick Dissolve Superfine Sugar Flip-Top Canister and start sprinkling sweetness today! If Domino® Sugar isn’t available in your area, look for their sister brand, C&H® Sugar.