Garden Squash Quesadillas + Video
Because I could live off quesadillas, because my garden is bursting with zucchini, because I’m a cheeseoholic, because ooey-gooey quesadillas are oh so comforting, because I’m kinda addicted to these corn and wheat tortillas.
This quesadilla is bursting out the seams with sautéed red onion and garden zucchini and mild and milky queso Oaxaca. I also placed squash blossoms on these quesadillas for added texture and flavor.
If you are looking for a simple but a comforting meal look no further than a quesadilla.
Zucchini and Onion Quesadillas
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- 1 garden squash or zucchini, sliced
- 4 corn tortillas
- Queso Oaxaca
- Squash blossom, optional
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet. Add onions and cook for 2 minutes, then add zucchini, and season with a pinch of salt. Sauté for 5 minutes or until desired texture is desired.
- Place corn tortillas on the pan and heat on both sides for half a minute or so, until bubbles begin to form in the tortilla.
- Sprinkle corn tortillas with cheese. Add sautéed mixture over cheese. If using, place squash blossoms.
- Place another tortilla on top. Reduce heat and cook until light golden, about 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Flip over and cook until golden brown.
- Serve warm and, if desired, with salsa.
2 Comments on “Garden Squash Quesadillas + Video”
Yum! These would be great with some grilled skewered seasoned beef. I like the look of your blog! Beautiful pictures that capture the food well.
Quesadillas go great with anything, with squash and onions, sounds really yummy and healthier, have to make some, thank you for a different idea.