Orange Pork Tacos with Grilled Peaches
Do you want a recipe that only requires a handful of ingredients and less than 20 minutes to make? I know I always like those types of recipes. These tacos are so easy you are going to want to make them every summer night.
It’s been hot in Colorado, not out of control hot, but it’s still nice to fire up the grill and get out of the house—it frees me from heating up the house with a bunch of cooking. Plus I’m becoming quite the li’l griller if I do say so myself.
I was inspired by this Soft Pork Tacos with Orange Adobo Sauce recipe on porkbeinspired.com, and made only a few tweaks. Rather than garnishing tacos with orange segments I added grilled peaches. We are eating peaches like crazy this summer and wanted to try them as a garnish on a savory dish, and so glad I did. This citrus flavored pork is perfectly complemented by the sweet grilled peaches. The flavors are similar to tacos al pastor, but without all the work.
The National Pork Board is crashing grills this summer all over America to add new, bold flavors to cookouts and weeknight dinners alike. No matter where you live, any cookout can use the flavor boost that pork brings. With so many varieties to choose from, it’s easy to pair popular pork chops with almost any flavor for a juicy, tender and mouthwatering grilling experience. Check out this video where Donald Faison crashes the beach with a grill to show how flavorful pork can be. I am so tempted to crash the grill with pork at my own party.
Orange Pork Tacos with Grilled Peaches
- 4 New York top loin pork chops, , about 3/4-inch thick
- 1 large orange
- 1 teaspoon Mexican hot sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 peaches, sliced and grilled
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup queso fresco
- 1/4 red onion sliced, optional
- Finely grate zest from 1 orange; then juice orange.
- In a shallow glass or ceramic dish, mix orange zest and juice with hot sauce and garlic salt.
- Add chops, turn to coat, and spoon orange marinade over chops. Let stand 15 to 30 minutes while heating grill.
- Prepare a grill to medium-high heat (about 450 degrees F.). Remove chops from marinade and discard marinade. Grill chops over direct heat until the internal temperature reaches between 145 degrees F. (medium rare) and 160 degrees F. (medium), on a meat thermometer, 4 to 5 minutes per side. Transfer chops to cutting board and let rest 3 minutes.
- Warm tortillas on grill for about 1 minute on each side; transfer tortillas to plate. Thinly slice chops across the grain. Make each taco with 1 tortilla, half a chop, 1 to 2 slices of grilled peaches, and top with lettuce, queso fresco, and onion, if using. Serve with additional hot sauce on the side.
- These tacos would also taste amazing with grilled pineapple, plums or nectarines if you cannot find peaches.
For more pork recipes and inspiration be sure to visit porkbeinspired.com and view grill crashers recipes perfect for grilling season.
Please keep in touch and subscribe to Muy Bueno and follow me on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram,Pinterest and subscribe to Muy Bueno on YouTube.
Disclosure: A special thanks to the National Pork Board for sponsoring this post.
7 Comments on “Orange Pork Tacos with Grilled Peaches”
Nice idea! I love your blog and I am very interested in recipes, I will read your article frequently 🙂
What a great meal for a summer night when you want something hot but just can’t bring yourself to slave over multiple pots! Gorgeous recipe.
OMG! Looks amazing! Perfect for summer!
Another idea for healthy eating, thank you!
These tacos look so good!!! With salsita verde, que delicia
Ahh, I wish I had a grill, its super hot here in El Paso, it would be great to go to the backyard and grill. This looks delicioso.
Love the flavor combinations going on here! Pork, oranges and peaches. Yum! Pinning. 🙂